The Zimbabwe Women's Resource Centre has registered the Zimbabwe Youth Project in Zimbabwe as a Trust No: 396/2010
The Objects of the Trust:
- Supporting young vulnerable women and children, maintaining their culture and heritage.
- To work with vulnerable children and vulnerable women in Zimbabwe, enabling them to grow and flourish in a safe and supportive environment.
- To establish children’s centres within the community to educate and support young vunerable people and children which will provide coaching, lifekills, feeding schemes for children of less than five years and also facilitating reproductive health education.
- To work in partnership with schools, government bodies, non governmental organizations, churches and other organizations in Zimbabwe, regionally and internationally in order to enhance opportunities for the Zimbabwean vulnerable child and/or woman.
- To provide training to organizations on best practice when working with children and young people, child protection, health and safety and youth involvement and participation.
- To engage in the national debate on the promotion of effective means to safeguard children, promoting best practice, ensuring the needs of the child are foremost.